Volunteers are the heart and soul of Long Island Aquarium. If you’re 18 years of age or older and want a challenging and rewarding life experience that combines education and entertainment, you can find a volunteer opportunities at Long Island Aquarium that is right for you.
New volunteers are asked to make a tax-deductible $25 donation to the New York Marine Rescue Center .
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Commit to a volunteer schedule;
- Participate in initial and refresher training sessions;
- Serve a minimum of 60 hours over a 6-month period;
- Compliance with Long Island Aquarium policies and procedures;
- Flexibility in volunteer assignments.
- Training materials;
- Volunteer shirt;
- Family Membership to Long Island Aquarium after 50 hours of service, renewable on anniversary date;
- 30% discount in City Treasures Gift Shop, Atlantis Café, and Scoops Ice Cream & Candy;
- One free meal on day of volunteer activity, with a minimum of four hours of service for the day (additional meal restrictions apply);
- Two free guest passes to Long Island Aquarium after first six months of service, and an additional two free guest passes with each six-month volunteer commitment renewal (maximum four passes per year);
- Annual recognition;
- Long Island Aquarium publications: brochures, newsletters, and educational materials;
- Personal enrichment and unlimited opportunities to acquire new skills and knowledge.
Exhibit Interpreter – Interact directly with visitors at exhibits by answering questions and providing information.
Fairs and Exhibits – Interact with the public and other groups at Long Island Aquarium’s booth at Long Island fairs and festivals.
Education Programs – Assist our education staff with public and school-based education programs, Outreach Programs, and special events.
We ask that all volunteers be willing to assist wherever a need may exist, regardless of their regular assignments.