Learn all about the stars of our Sea Lion show!
We follow all NY State and CDC requirements with regards to Covid 19 and mask mandates. Click HERE for details.
• Talk with one of our animal caregivers and learn about these playful animals, why they are so important to us and how their species are doing in their natural environment.
• Help with set-up for the Sea Lion Show and learn how and why the team trains our animals.
• You’ll discuss positive reinforcement techniques as well as learn about the fish we feed our sea lions and how you can make sustainable seafood options for yourself.
• You’ll have a front row seat at a sea lion show!
• Participate in a training session after the sea lion show. You’ll practice behaviors with the show’s star sea lion, and even throw him or her a fish!
• The experience will be captured by our photographer. Purchase the series of photos.
• This adventure is between 1 hour and 1 hour, 15 minutes long.
When working with animals, they call the shots. Each encounter is unique and may contain different elements.
When: Available from May through September 28th,
Thursdays at 10am
Price: $150* (Aquarium Members: $135)*
Must be 10 years or older and reserved 24 hours in advance. All participants must complete waiver prior to adventure. Aquarium admission is not included and is required for the adventure!
Sea Lion Encounter Available from May through September 28
Ask about our Photo Option!
Sea Lion Encounter Rules
- SEA LION ENCOUNTER: Guests in wheelchairs can be accommodated, please notify staff at the time of reservation.
- To ensure the safety of our animals, personal cameras (including those in cell phones or other electronic devices) cannot be used during your animal program.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the reserved program. Payment is required at the time of booking.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Long Island Aquarium cancels the excursion.
- Long Island Aquarium reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program.
- Long Island Aquarium reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- Participants must be able to understand basic instructions in English in order to safely participate.
- Participants must not have contact with any wild marine mammal within 48 hours of participation to avoid disease transmission to our animals.
- Participants should be willing to participate in the program and be comfortable with interacting with a live animal.
- No flip flops, open back, open toe, or high heeled shoes. Sneakers are recommended. Please be advised that feet may get wet.
- Follow directions at all times.
- Do not enter animal areas until instructed.
- No food or drink in animal areas.
- No chewing gum.
- No strollers will be permitted in the encounter
- No sunglasses or other eyewear unless prescription for vision correction.
- Watch footing. The beach may have an irregular surface and may be slippery.
- Disinfect hands, as instructed, prior to the program.
- Do not feed the sea lions unless instructed.
- Do not touch the animal unless instructed.
- Be very careful around the sea lions eyes, ears, and mouth.
- No sudden movements or yelling.
- Exit the program area when instructed to do so.