Seal it with a kiss!
Be a Trainer for our Seal Encounter Session!
Our Harbor Seals and Gray Seal are the pride of the Aquarium. Now you can go with our animal caregiver and help with a seal feeding session!
- Visit the food prep area and help prepare their meal – you’ll learn about the sustainable seafood diet for all of our animals and how you can make similar sustainable seafood choices.
- Visit the seal habitat and talk with the team about the husbandry behaviors they teach our animals and why.
- Learn how trainers communicate with our flippered friends.
- Interact with a seal and even get a kiss!
- The experience will be captured by our photographer.
- Purchase the series of photos (details to come).
When working with animals, they call the shots. Each encounter is unique and may contain different elements.
Day/Times: The Seal Encounter is currently Unavailable for the Season. This adventure will become available in April.
Thursdays – 10:30am
Session = 1.5hr (approx.)
(Aquarium Members: $112.50)*
Pinniped Encounter Rules
- SEAL ENCOUNTER: Guests must have the ability to go up and down steps and uneven surfaces. Unfortunately, guests in wheelchairs cannot be accommodated.
- SEA LION ENCOUNTER: Guests in wheelchairs can be accommodated, please notify staff at the time of reservation.
- To ensure the safety of our animals, personal cameras (including those in cell phones or other electronic devices) cannot be used during your animal program.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24-hours prior to the reserved program. Payment is required at the time of booking.
- No refunds will be issued for guests that do not meet the program requirements for age, physical fitness, or who violate company policies.
- We go rain or shine! No refunds for bad weather unless Long Island Aquarium cancels the excursion.
- Long Island Aquarium reserves the right to refuse service to any guest under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- Participants must be able to understand basic instructions in English in order to safely participate.
- Long Island Aquarium reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to omit specific behaviors or interactions from the program.
- Participants must not have contact with any wild marine mammal within 48 hours of participation to avoid disease transmission to our animals.
- No flip flops, open back, open toe, or high heeled shoes. Sneakers are recommended. Please be advised that feet may get wet.
- Participants should be willing to participate in the program and be comfortable with interacting with a live animal.
- Follow directions at all times.
- No chewing gum.
- Do not enter animal areas until instructed.
- No food or drink in animal areas.
- Do not feed the sea lions until instructed.
- No sunglasses or other eyewear unless prescription for vision correction.
- Watch footing. The beach may have an irregular surface and may be slippery.
- Disinfect hands, as instructed, prior to the program.
- No strollers will be permitted in the encounter
- Do not touch the animal until instructed.
- Be very careful around the sea lions eyes, ears, and mouth.
- No sudden movements or yelling.
- Exit the program area when instructed to do so.
*Must be 10 years or older and reserved 24 hours in advance. All participants must complete waiver prior to adventure. Aquarium admission is not included and is required for the adventure!