Plan Your Visit
Hours of Operation:
Weekends from 10 am-5 pm
Weekdays in June from 10 am-4 pm
Daily in July and August from 10 am-5 pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Whether you’re planning a day trip to the Aquarium or a more extended excursion to Long Island’s East End. On this page is your link to practical information that can help you enjoy a rewarding and relaxing visit.
Tips for Family Visits
The Aquarium offers so many ways to create an educational, fun-filled day that will create lasting memories for every member of your family.
Here are some tips that can help your family enjoy their experience:
- Upon your arrival, make sure to check out the Daily Events Schedule. There’s so much happening throughout the day that you’ll want to plan ahead to make sure you don’t miss an event that you’d like to see.
- Familiarize yourself with our Aquatic Adventures and consider making reservations in advance for those in which you’re interested. That way, you won’t risk getting shut out on the day of your visit.
- If you’re interested in feeding the stingrays in our Ray Bay touch tank, consider doing so early in the day. To avoid overfeeding, our Aquarists monitor our rays’ food consumption, and once rays have eaten their daily maximum, no more food is available for feeding. (Additional fee applies)
- Our Sea Lion Show is one of our most popular attractions, so arrive early, as it is a closed-door Coliseum show. Once the doors have closed, you will not be allowed to enter.
- We do not have storage facilities, so make sure to carry only those belongings that you can carry comfortably.
- The Lost & Found and First Aid Station are located in the Membership Office at the Main Entrance.
- Restroom accommodations are located on the first floor near the NY Marine Rescue Center, in the Butterflies, Bugs & Birds lobby, and adjacent to the Aquarium Cafe
- If at any time you need immediate assistance, go to the Ticketing Desk or speak to a staff member
Best Times to Visit
Anytime is a great time to visit us. However, if you visit us after 1:00 pm on weekdays during the school year, you’re likely to find our facility less crowded than you would earlier in the day. That’s because school groups that are visiting us typically depart by that time.
Lost & Found
The Long Island Aquarium maintains a Lost & Found in the Membership Office at the Main Entrance. If you need to contact the Lost & Found regarding a missing item, please call 631.208.9200, ext. 103/108.
The Aquarium is fully accessible to visitors with disabilities.